Are your nails splintering and breaking constantly? If so, it’s time to improve the health of your nails. Most people in India associate nail care with a manicure or pedicure. Nail care is obviously an integral part of the hand and foot care. The nail plate from which the nails grow is several millimeters below the base of the nail and takes about nine months for a new nail to grow. Nails can indicate your state of health to a large extent. Pale nails with vertical ridges indicate anemia or extreme dryness due to the use of too many detergents. The blue nails point to inefficient circulation and there is not enough oxygen. If your nails are thin and they break constantly, this may indicate an inadequate intake of vitamins, minerals, and proteins.
So internally, what are the things you should eat to improve the quality of your nails? Calcium, gelatin and vitamin B complex. Intake of vitamin D cures the vertical crests, folic acid, and vitamin C cure the hanging nails and cut nails. The former, which are cracks in the skin along the sides of the nails, can be particularly painful. Drink diluted cider vinegar to strengthen them and paint with two layers of lemon juice daily to strengthen them externally. Never pull the skin from the fingernails, as this can damage the area; Just cut carefully and remember to do a generous massage in the area with a cream based on wheat germ.
The foods that you should include in your daily diet are lean meats such as chicken and fish, which will provide you with the necessary protein for your nails. It also includes many green leafy vegetables such as spinach, broccoli, kale; These provide enough iron, folate, and calcium to help strengthen weak nails. I would also suggest the intake of berries such as blueberries, strawberries, and even grapes and bananas, which are full of nutrients.
Tomatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, and peppers not only add color and flavor to your dishes but also contain vitamin C and vitamin A, which provide the necessary collagen and antioxidants that your nails need to be strong and tough. Include nuts and seeds in your diets such as almonds, nuts, and sunflower seeds or panch magazine that provide the necessary vitamin E, magnesium, manganese, and copper. Milk, eggs, whole grains, lentils, and dairy products should also be part of the nail diet.
If you have the following symptoms on your nails, this is where you should focus on:
- Vertical crests often reflect a weak digestive system that does not metabolize minerals or proteins well and a deficiency of vitamin B12 and iron.
- The white spots show the deficiency of calcium or zinc. They often appear after a period of eating sweets, especially refined sugars that deplete the body’s minerals.
- The bitten nails reflect nervousness, mineral deficiency or intestinal parasites.
- The hanging nails show a lack of protein, vitamin C and folic acid in the body due to low intake of these nutrients or poor absorption.
- Brittle nails show low iron or vitamin A content, unbalanced thyroid or kidney function and poor circulation.
- The reddish-purple nails show a weakening of the body and general fatigue.
Some simple natural solutions for your nail problems are listed below:
- Cuticle Softener
Things You Need:
2 tbsp fresh pineapple juice
2 tbsp papaya
1 egg yolk
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
Mash the papaya and mix with the pineapple juice. Add the egg yolk, add the cider vinegar and pour into a small bowl. Soak the nails in this mixture for about half an hour, massaging from time to time. Both fruits contain an enzyme that helps soften the protein tissue.
Cracked and Chipped Nails
These can be extremely embarrassing, especially when one likes to apply nail polish. Try the following remedies to keep nails strong and soft.
- Hot olive oil massaged three times a week on the nails helps strengthen them.
- Never throw the lemon peels after squeezing the juice. Instead, rub on the nails daily. This will help reduce any yellowish color and strengthen them externally.
- Take 1 teaspoon of gelatin daily internally for 2 weeks to obtain strong nails.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of vodka with 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and store it in a bottle and rub it daily on the nails and cuticles.
So now that I have oriented you with some natural remedies for very effective nails, incorporate them into your daily life and you will see how your nails are transformed.