Paneer Butter Masala is a rich and delicious recipe from northern India made with aromatic spices, cream, and butter. This popular recipe is a creamy mix of readily available ingredients and, without a doubt, is a must.
This paneer recipe can be cooked in the style of the restaurant in the comfort of your home with some easily available ingredients. If you are bored with the usual paneer variants, then this is a must try. All you need is fresh paneer, chopped onions, green chilies, tomatoes, garlic cloves, kasoori methi, lots of butter and cilantro. There is not much room to experiment with this traditional dish, but what makes it even more indulgent is the amalgam of spices, cream with cubes of tender paneer. However, you can add your own personal touch to this recipe by adding the spices you like and to make it more aromatic and dry the spices, crush them and then add them to this paneer recipe.
Another trick to make the soft and tender paneer cubes, frying the pieces in a pan and soaking the paneer cubes fried in water, this will give a smooth texture to the paneer cubes. Here’s how you can prepare this Butter Paneer Masala recipe in the style of a restaurant in your home following these simple steps outlined below. This easy-to-prepare recipe makes it a perfect dish for the main course and tastes best when served with naan, jeera rice, veg biryani, and tandoori roti butter.
This paneer recipe is easy to make, which is the most coveted dish for vegetarians. Garnish this paneer recipe with fresh cream, chopped green chili peppers, and cilantro. If you fancy a delicious and healthy meal, this will be your favorite recipe. You can make this delicious recipe for special occasions like kitten parties, snacks, buffets, homemade parties, to name a few. So put on a chef hat and woo your guests with your culinary skills.
- 2 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 2 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon refined oil
- salt as required
- 1 sliced onion
- 2 cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kasoori methi powder
- 2 red chili
- 2 teaspoon garlic paste
- 2 clove
- 1 1/2 tablespoon fresh cream
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoon powdered coriander seeds
- 450 gm paneer
- 1 handful coriander leaves – For Garnishing
How to make Paneer Butter Masala
- Take a pan and add three tablespoons of butter with a teaspoon of oil. Heat it over moderate heat. Add bay leaves, cloves, cinnamon, dried and cracked red chilies, and half the crushed coriander seeds. Skip these ingredients for half a minute.
- Now, add the sliced onions and sauté them until they turn pink. Keep stirring and simmer until the raw smell disappears. Add cilantro powder, red chili powder, and chopped tomatoes. Cook the mixture over high heat until the oil comes out of the masala.
- Once the masala has cooled, mash the mixture. Heat the remaining butter in a nonstick skillet over moderate heat. Cook the pureed mixture for two minutes. Add pieces of paneer and salt. Add half a cup of water. Cook covered over low heat for five minutes. Sprinkle kasoori methi and mix lightly. Remove from heat and transfer the dish to a serving bowl. Mix in cream and serve hot, garnished with coriander leaves.