Rice Chakli is an authentic Indian recipe of namkeen, which can be prepared with some ingredients readily available in your kitchen. This crunchy pinch is a perfect recipe for a snack that can be served with tea, Lassi, Thandai or any other beverage and sweet treats. Rice Chakli is a quick recipe of rice, which you can prepare when you have guests who visit the place.
What makes this snack worthy of binge is its crunchy texture, its spicy and buttery flavor. Prepared with rice flour, gram flour, sesame seeds, butter, and red chili peppers, you can prepare this recipe for crunchy sandwiches for festivals like Holi and Diwali. The best thing about this recipe is that you can modify spices and herbs according to your taste preference.
If you are a person who loves spicy sandwiches, then you can add a little black pepper powder along with a little red chili powder, which will make it spicy. This is one of the most famous snacks in South India that combines perfectly with Rasam and Papad.
If you want to make it more aromatic, you can add some fried and crushed curry leaves to the mix, this will accentuate the flavor and aroma of the snack. To make this recipe crunchier than toasted sesame seeds. Preparing this recipe at home makes it healthier and more hygienic; simply because you can verify the quality of the ingredients you are using for this recipe.
To do it in the authentic style, you can use coconut oil/ghee, this will add a pleasant aroma and will enhance the flavor of this recipe. So take out your magic spatula and whip the fun a little. We bet that your family and friends will love this interesting surprise.
You can serve it with a little coconut chutney and, for a fun touch, you can serve this rice chakli with a good creamy dressing or with cheese or spicy dressing.
INGREDIENTS Of Rice Chakli
- 400 gm rice flour
- 2 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 4 tablespoon butter
- salt as required
- refined oil as required
- 1 teaspoon asafoetida
- 4 tablespoon red chili powder
- 400 gm rice flour
- 130 gm gram flour (Besan)
How to make rice chakli
- Take a large bowl and add gram flour, asafetida or hing, butter, rice flour, and salt according to your taste. Mix all ingredients well together.
- Now, you need to wash the sesame seeds, as they are sometimes covered with dirt and when washed they will remove the dust particles. Add these washed sesame seeds to the mixture of rice and gram flour. Add water in the flour mixture so you can knead it to make the chaklis. Knead it well to make the dough soft, this would ensure that the chaklis are crispier and tastier.
- Then, put a skillet over medium-high heat and add refined oil. When the oil is hot enough, add a little dough in the machine to make chakli and press in a circular motion to prepare the chaklis. Fry these rice chaklis one at a time over medium heat until they reach a brown color and become more crispy. Drain the extra oil in an absorbent paper. Serve with a cup of hot tea or coffee.